Discover Cape Town’s breath-taking views: explore the Top 3 hiking trails in Camps Bay for Spectacular Scenery and Fitness! Embark on the Grootkop Walk, the Pipe Track Walk, or the Porcupine Ravine Trail. Get ready to elevate your heart rate and immerse yourself in nature’s beauty!
The view from the Grootkop Walk is breath-takingly beautiful and is considered as one of Cape Town’s favourites.
• Start in Theresa Drive, Camps Bay
• Climb up along Kasteelspoort (quickest way up to Grootkop)
• Once you reach the Back Table, take the path along the Twelve Apostles (Southern path)
• Arrive at Grootkop and take in your surroundings!
• Grootkop Walk treats hikers to breathtaking views of the mountain range and is a beloved favourite among locals
Pipe Track Walk
This is a walk for energetic hikers and trail runners visiting the Camps Bay area however is also suitable for children and those who aren’t very fit. It falls above the dazzling beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay and reveals some of the most beautiful views of the 12 Apostles mountain range.
- Start at Kloof Nek and continue walking up along the old water pipe until you reach Slangolie Ravine
- This is a simple walk as you’ll stick along the same route (about three hours)
- There are very few declines and inclines, making it a pretty relaxing walk, and along the way you’ll be able to view some exquisite vegetation including gigantic pine trees and local fynbos
This is one of the trickier hikes as it’s pretty steep all the way up! However, the views make it worth it.
- Start at the 12 Apostles section of Table Mountain, just above Camps Bay
- Walk up until the Pipe Track is reached, where you will continue walking for a while until you reach the Diagonal Route
- The Diagonal Route is a lot steeper, but as you continue, you’ll reach Porcupine Cave! This is a great spot to stop and have some breakfast whilst taking in the scenic views
- The hike is not over yet – after some rest, you’ll continue the hike along one of the 12 Apostles, into what we call Porcupine Ravine
- There is one final push as you make your way up out of the ravine through some rocky terrain, where you’ll soon reach Blinkwater Peak
- Blinkwater Peak – the highest point of the 12 Apostles! Relax and take in the surroundings which is a complete 360-degree view of False Bay, Cape Peninsula, and the Atlantic Ocean